- Transparency (alpha channel) support
- Can load most standard image formats via
libSDL_image (PNG, JPEG, GIF,
- Mostly coded in OO Eiffel. Only a small C module handling SDL interface.
All the API is OO.
- Complete control over application appearance.
- Simple design, easily extendible for new event kinds, new widgets, etc.
- Quite fast even in old slow computers (if you compile at require_check level or lower).
- Licensed under the LGPL
The UI toolkit coming with EWS includes
- Buttons: push buttons triggering commands
- Toggle buttons: controls that toggle its state (they may be used to
implement checkboxes and radio buttons)
- Text entries: One line text entries, handling cursor keys. Selection
not implemented yet (the core is selection capable, but the UI not).
- Labels: A simple text label
- Multiline labels: Labels spanning several lines with optional
- Marquees: Like a label, but scrolling a longer message sideways
- Images: A fixed image
- Animations: An animated area of the screen
- Drag handles: An area that can be dragged to move other window. Useful
- Scrollbars: The usual thing, with buttons at the end and a slider
which can be dragged. (only vertical scrollbar implemented now)
Adding widgets to the toolkit is very simple